Restaurant Manager – Iconic Property
Aurora Ozone Hotel – Kangaroo Island
About the business:
Aurora Resorts and Hotels is wholly owned by Australian Property Projects Pty Ltd who own and operate a variety of tourism and hospitality businesses throughout the Northern Territory and South Australia.
The iconic Aurora Ozone Hotel is situated on the foreshore of Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, featuring 75 rooms, suites, apartments and penthouses as well as staff accommodation, restaurant, bottle shop, conference rooms and bars and caters to the local, corporate and tourist market, both domestic and internationally.
About the role:
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to join the management team and oversee and manage the busy Zone Restaurant & Bar and related conference, event, in-room dining and bar venues.
This is a busy, full-time, hands-on role, supported by a small but dedicated and passionate team, which requires an eye for and attention to detail, impeccable time management skills, professionalism and a dynamic “can do” approach.
You will have:
- A can-do, responsible, and flexible approach to work.
- Prior experience managing a multi outlet food and beverage operation.
- Initiative, commitment, and passion for your job.
- The ability to communicate effectively with your team and heads of department.
- An ability to thrive under pressure and direct your team in a high paced environment.
- Proven ability to be a proactive individual with strong organisational and time management skills.
- A great sense of style and immaculate presentation and grooming.
- A keen financial focus and the ability to manage costs and drive revenues.
- Demonstrated understanding of Hospitality Industry (General) Award compliance.
- A strong appreciation and compliance of workplace safety.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maximising restaurant capacity while ensuring a smooth service for both guests and the Food & Beverage teams daily.
- Having a strong understanding of all roles related to running the restaurant.
- Staff training and development.
- Consistently drive revenue growth through sound marketing/up selling techniques and staff training and development.
- Ensure accuracy of reservations in respect of customer information including, but not limited to, VIP guest special requests, return guest and new guest information.
- Manage and control key KPI's such as wage costs, average spends and cost of sales.
- Maintain liaison and develop good relationships with existing clients, local residents and businesses, as well as focusing on establishing new business.
- Focus on guest service, guest satisfaction and a continuous quest of improvement.
5 day week, typically evening shift from around 1pm until 9pm
This is a full-time role, working a spread of shifts over a 7-day roster, including week days, weekends, nights and public holidays. This position has room for growth for someone who wants to move up within the hospitality industry.
A salary is $66500- $70,000